THIS IS THE HOMEPAGE!
sbv IMPROVER at a Glance
sbv IMPROVER stands for Systems Biology Verification combined with Industrial Methodology for Process Verification in Research. This approach aims to provide a measure of quality control of industrial research and development by verifying the soundness of the methods used. sbv IMPROVER is a collaborative effort involving scientists from IBM Research and Philip Morris International. For more information please see Nature Biotechnology (2011) or Bioinformatics (2012).
It is different from other approaches such as DREAM as it focuses on the verification of processes in an industrial context, and not on basic questions in science. sbv IMPROVER could allow an organization to benchmark its methods and verify that these are state of the art performance for their industrial processes.
Today the scope of sbv IMPROVER is the verification of methods and concepts in systems biology research. However, this could be extended as the vision could be applied to verify research processes in other industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, nutrition and environmental safety, to name a few.
Approach to Challenge Design
Why you should be Part of sbv IMPROVER
- Take the opportunity to compete for research grants
- Receive an independent assessment of your methods
- Gain access to high quality data
- Enhance your visibility and gain recognition from an international team of eminent scientists
- Publish: the results of the challenge and the identity of the best performing entrants will be submitted to a high impact peer reviewed journal
- Present your results at the sbv IMPROVER Symposium: the best performing entrants will be invited to present their approach at an international symposium